Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the provision of (Services) provided by The HQ to its Members.
The HQ is the trading name of:
The Colony HQ Limited, Altrincham Road, Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 4LY
Company No. 09495001
The HQ is owned and operated by The Colony Group
- Members agreed to be bound by The HQ Rules and The HQ Terms and Conditions.
- Members must pay their membership fees and all other additional charges as they fall due or access to The HQ maybe prevented and Membership suspended.
- All membership fees and any other fees are payable in advance and maybe subject to change. All fees are exclusive of VAT, which will be levied at the appropriate rate.
- The HQ has a 28 day cancelation notice of membership and the deposit is non-refundable, either in part or full, unless we fail to provide the Services and are at fault for such failure. (Where the failure is not our fault, no refund will be made). Cancelation of membership should be confirmed in writing to the Club Secretary
- Members must not use the HQ for more days than allowed by their membership type. In such instances a day pass must be purchased from reception or the member must upgrade to a more suitable membership type. Failure to do so will result in a membership suspension.
- The HQ would request that all members adhere to a business code of dress or smart casual.
- Members are required to report a lost or stolen membership card immediately, in some instances a temporary card will be issued until a replacement card has been ordered. Replacement cards are subject to a £10 administration fee.
- Membership is strictly non-transferable, assignable or to be used by any other person. On occasion photo identification may be required for security purposes.
- The HQ reserves the right to refuse entry to any member who fails to produce their membership card or who does not pay the administration fee of a replacement card.
- The HQ is designed as an alternative option to an office. A flexible meeting space where members can meet and work for business purposes. It is not a ‘co-working’ or ‘serviced office’. Members are not permitted to work from the HQ on an extended, permanent or full time basis.
- Unless a Virtual Office Product has been purchased such as a ‘Business Plus Package’, Members are not permitted to publish the name, address, telephone, or fax number of the HQ on any of their business communications such as their website, email signature, letterheads, business cards or any other publication. Where a ‘virtual office has been purchased this is for the purpose of a ‘Trading Address’ only and must not be used as a ‘Registered Office’.
- All invoices, costs or charges incurred whilst using the HQ must be settled in full before leaving the premises unless a monthly invoicing agreement or other form of credit account has been previously agreed. Where such an arrangement has been agreed, members must register and pay using World pay unless otherwise agreed. Any queries regarding additional bills, costs or charges to be made before the member leaves the premises.
- All invoices must be paid within 14 days. Where a debt remains outstanding after a total of 28 days, the HQ may claim interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act and access to the HQ shall be suspended until such time as all debts have been paid.
Deposits and Payments
- Meeting rooms and event bookings must be paid for in advance, and are non refundable unless:
- A minimum of 24 hours notice is given where the room is booked for a half day.
- A minimum of 48 hours notice is given for meeting rooms booked for a full day or more.
- A minimum of 72 hours notice is given for The HQ Boardroom
- A minimum of 20 working days notice is given for exclusive use of the HQ Bar Lounge Area or Event Space.**
- Bookings in the Event Space will be subject to a £1000 deposit. All deposits will be returned after the outstanding balance has been settled in full. Subject to loss or damage caused during the event.
- The HQ will accept provisional bookings; these will be honored for up to 24 hours if the event is within 5 working days from the date of the enquiry. In the event that the date of the event is more than 5 working days from the enquiry a provisional booking will be honored for 48 hours.
Members and Guests
- Members are permitted to bring a maximum of three guests into the HQ, should this number be inadequate Members must book and pay for a meeting room.
- It is the responsibility of the Members to ensure that their guests adhere to The HQ Rules and Terms of Conditions and each member is responsible for the behavior and action of any guest brought on to The Colony Land and into The HQ. The HQ reserves the right to take the necessary, reasonable and appropriate steps to remove any Member or guest from the premises if their behavior is causing nuisance, disturbance, or damage to other Members, their guests, their belongings or the premises itself and cancel the Membership (or in the case of a guest, refuse future access), either indefinitely or at the discretion of the HQ of any persons involved in such disturbance/nuisance/damage, either directly or through their actions, have actively encouraged any disturbance/nuisance/damage.
- Members and their guests are prohibited to consume food, beverages or any other consumable that has not been purchased or supplied by the HQ. The HQ will provide a range of snacks and refreshments, free of charge, throughout the day. The HQ also offers breakfast lunch and a range of menus at an additional cost.
- The HQ reserves the right to exclude any member or guest and ask them to leave at our sole discretion and without explanation, with no entitlement to the refund of any fees previously paid, if the HQ feels that the member is in breach of there obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- The HQ aims to provide a high level of service to its members and their guests but accepts no liability for any temporary or permanent breakdown in the ability to provide this service.
- Any additional services are done so subject to availability.
- The HQ requests that members do not reserve chairs, desks, or tables by means of leaving personal belongings unattended for more than 15 minutes. In some instances these items maybe removed and stored safely to accommodate other members.
- Wireless Internet connection is provided for the benefit of members and their guests and should be used in accordance with all United Kingdom laws, statutes and regulations. Use of the internet connection must not therefore violate any law, be defamatory, offensive or abusive, indecent, obscene, promote and/or encourage any unacceptable or illegal behavior, indecency or have any fraudulent purpose or effect. Use of the internet connection must not be divulged to any other party.
- Members and their guest must not remove or damage any property, fixtures or fittings belonging to the HQ or any property belonging to any other member, user or their guest. HQ reserves the right to claim costs and damages in full from the member for any such removal or damage incurred.
- Members and their guests must not make any direct or indirect approach to any of our staff for the purpose of recruitment or employment. Any such approach will be seen as a breach of these terms and conditions and may lead to the cancellation of a membership with no refund in whole or part.
- Members must not carry on business that competes with the HQ business of providing a business members club, lounge meeting space or any ancillary services.
- Members may only carry on that business in its name or some other name that the HQ previously agrees.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Any member or their guest found to be under the influence of drugs or unreasonably intoxicated by means of alcohol will be asked to leave the premises and their membership will be cancelled and no refund given.
- Opening and closing hours; The HQ hours are 08.00 to 18.00, Monday to Friday. The HQ is closed on Public Holidays and for the period between 25th of December and 31st of December inclusive.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the HQ may end this agreement and a members membership immediately by giving the member notice and without need to follow any additional procedure if
- The Member becomes insolvent, bankrupt, goes into liquidation or becomes unable to pay its debts as they fall due
- The member is in breach of one of its obligations that cannot be put right.
- No animals are allowed on the premises, with exception of guide dogs.
Liability and Indemnity
The HQ or its employees will not be held liable (whether caused by our employees, agents, representatives, sub-contractors or suppliers) and the HQ accepts no liability for:
- Death, or personal injury caused to a member, user or their guest.
- Any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, or expenses or;
- Any loss of profits; loss of anticipated profits; loss of business; loss of data; loss of reputation or goodwill; business interruption; or any third party claims; or
- Any failure to perform any of our obligations if such a failure or delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control; or
- Any loses caused directly or indirectly by any failure or your breach in relation to your obligations; or any losses arising; or
- Any losses arising directly or indirectly from the choice of Services and how they will meet your requirements or your use of Services or any goods supplied in connection with the Services.
- Members must indemnify us against all damages, costs, claims and expenses suffered by us arising from any loss or damage to any equipment (including that of third parties, caused by you or your guests.
- The HQ can withdraw or cancel membership if it has not been accepted by you, or if the Services have not yet started within a period of 14 days from the date of Membership Acceptance.
- If due to circumstances beyond our control, we have to make any change in the Services or how they are provided, we will notify you immediately. We will use reasonable endeavours to keep any such changes to a minimum.
- Should the HQ be found liable for any negligence in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty, liability shall be limited to an amount equal to the annual membership fees paid by the member or user in any membership year, prior to any liability arising.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or any fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other matters for which it would be unlawful to exclude or limit liability.
- Neither of us is liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such causes include, but are not limited: power failure, Internet Service Provider failure, Industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action, or any event that is beyond the control of the party in question.
- Fee and charges of the HQ are subject to change without prior notice.
- If one or more of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that / those provisions will be deemed severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions (which will remain valid and enforceable)
- The HQ is the trading name of The Colony HQ Limited, Altrincham Road, Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 4LY Company No. 09495001
The HQ is owned and operated by The Colony Group.
** Refunds may not be available for any additional services provided via third parties or suppliers such as catering or additional concierge services provided by The HQ.